Commercial real estate professional Development, investment, Leasing, Property Management & Acquisitions experience with thirty years of experience, acquiring, managing, leasing and developing commercial properties in Silicon Valley and the Western United states. Responsible for the acquisition, leasing and development of approximately 1,000,000 square feet of ground up retail shopping centers. I have negotiated and leased over $1Billion dollars of commercial office/industrial space intransactions Silicon Valley. I have an extensive network and successful track record of working with commercial real estate professionals including but not limited to brokers, retailers, architects, attorneys, entitlement specialists, construction companies and city officials.
Intero Commercial Real Estate Services, Los Gatos, CA - Realtor 2014 -Present
Providing commercial brokerage, services such as tenant representation, leasing advisory services, purchase and sale representation, land acquisition, financial analysis , entitlement and development services to institutional owners/investors, technology companies and residential builders/developers..
FOUR COUNTY DEVELOPMENT, DIRECTOR OF REAL ESTATE, San Jose, California 2012--2014
Managed the development, leasing, acquisition and property management activities for Subway’s 170 retail stores in Santa Clara, Monterey, Santa Cruz and San Benito counties. I have identified, negotiated and developed twenty four new Subway stores within the last twenty four months with another ten in the development pipeline.
CARY DEVELOPMENT - COMMERCIAL DEVELOPMENT & ACQUISITION ADVISOR, Cupertino, California 2009–2012
Provided leasing, acquisition and disposition services to banks, REIT’s and private /public equity firms purchasing and selling distressed residential, retail, office, R&D , hotels and bank debt. Sourced, identified and acquired value-add retail, residential, and commercial properties in California, Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, Colorado, and Texas.
DEVELOPERS DIVERSIFIED REALTY INC., San Jose, California 2004-2009
(Commercial retail REIT with 160 million square feet of retail space owned and managed; listed on NYSE)
Director of Development and Acquisitions –Western Region
• Responsible for sourcing and purchasing land and value add shopping centers in California and the western United States.
• Sourced and secured anchor tenant commitments, negotiated deal terms, finalized land and building contracts, and coordinated the marketing of each project.
• Conducted the feasibility and financial analysis, design and layout, entitlement and permitting, due diligence review, and closed the transaction.
• Purchased over 300 acres of land in California which established a development pipeline of 1,000,000 square feet of retail space.
• Sourced and negotiated a joint venture development program with Target Corporation to develop regional shopping centers in California. In partnership with Target, acquired and began the entitlement process for two 500,000+ square foot shopping centers development site in Southern California.
• Developed and maintained multiple relationships with key brokers, property owners/developers, civic, community and governmental agencies, architects, attorneys, and consultants which are conducive to identifying and processing new development opportunities.
• Guided the development team to insure timely completion of the investment and development within the established budget, schedule and investment return hurdles from inception to stabilization.
• Executed the regional business plan, developed a cohesive development team and personalized anchor relationships at our new and existing retail centers within the western portfolio.
• Performed feasibility and financial analysis to evaluate the economic viability of developments projects.
• Provided leasing, acquisition and disposition services to banks, REIT’s and private /public equity firms purchasing and selling distressed residential retail, office, R&D , hotels and bank debt.
HUDSON JONES COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE INC., San Jose, California 2001-2004
(Commercial Real Estate, Property Management and Development Company)
Vice President Development & Asset Management
Provided Commercial Real Estate Advisory Services, brokerage and investment services to tenants, corporations, and owners of office, industrial, and retail properties. Purchased and entitled land for residential, retail, and industrial / office properties.
• Leased and sold over 250,000 square feet of office / research and development commercial real estate in the Santa Clara Valley market from 2001 to 2003.
• Acquired and repositioned 500,000 square feet of industrial and office buildings in Silicon Valley.
• Negotiated and structured the purchase of the 125,000 square foot Walmart store on 14 acres in Gilroy, California from Walmart Inc.
CORNISH & CAREY COMMERCIAL REAL ESTATE, INC., Santa Clara, California 1992-2001
Vice President-Asset Management & Tenant Representation
Commercial Real Estate Agent specializing in Corporate Real Estate Advisory Services such as strategic corporate real estate planning for high–tech companies based in Silicon Valley. Performed a variety of corporate real estate services for clients which included, lease and sublease transactions, building purchases and dispositions, sale-leaseback transactions, build to suit projects.
Negotiated over 550 lease and building sale transactions totaling over four million square feet with an aggregate transaction value of over $7000 Million.
• Achieved “Top Performer” status for eight consecutive years and “Top 10” status in 1999
• Represented Polycom Inc. in the leasing and retrofit on a 100,000 square foot corporate headquarters
• Represented Madge Networks, Inc. in the subleasing of their 200,000 square foot office / engineering facility
• Represented Ampex Corporation’s in the sale of their 40 acre corporate campus to The Martin Company
• Represented 2Wire Inc., in subleasing their 82,000 square foot building
• Represented Integrated Circuit Systems in their 100,000 sf Build to Suit office/engineering building
• Managed and executed a $1,000,000 construction remodel of the Komag Inc. building for 2Wire
• Represented Oak Technology, Inc, an optical networking company, in subleasing a 88,000 square feet corporate headquarters building from Yahoo
M.A., Communications, Governors State University
B.A., Behavioral Studies, Governors State University
Licensed California Real Estate Agent
Association of Silicon Valley Brokers (ASVB)
International Council of Shopping Centers, Inc.